Compassionate Family Court Systems: The Role of Trauma-Informed Jurisprudence
Kansas City Area GAL Advanced Training
Friday, May 4, 2018
MidAmerica Nazarene University (BMO Harris Bank Building)
105 N. Stewart Court, Liberty, MO, Second floor, Conference Room #1
This training is approved for 4 MCLE, MOBAR, (1) Ethics. Lunch is included with your registration.
- 11:00am-12:00pm- A one-hour showing of the “Resilience” film provided by the Northland Coalition Resiliency and Tri-County Mental Health Services. This film demonstrates the incredible impact that toxic stress and adversity endured during childhood has on the body and mind. You will also gain incredible hope and skills for building resiliency.
- 12:00pm-12:50pm- Insights into Trauma- Dawn Kuhlman, MA & Sherri Jacobs
- 1:00pm-1:50pm- The Compassionate Court- Jennifer Snider, JD & Rachel Willoughby
- 2:00pm-2:50pm- Trauma-Informed Communication- Elise Bennet, MS
- 3:00pm-3:50pm- Ethics in Family Court- Rebecca Auriemma (moderator), Panel: Honorable K. Elizabeth Davis, Honorable David Chamberlain, & Commissioner Sherrill Roberts